- Inflation showed positive news, with consumer prices only up 4.9% from last year, down from a peak of 9.2% in June of 2022 (the lowest increase in 12 months).
- Corporate Q1 profits were strong, beating expectations for 78% of companies.
- Markets for the week closed:
🔽 Dow Jones: 33,300.62 (-1.1%)
🔽 S&P 500: 4,124.08 (-0.3%)
🔼 NASDAQ: 12,284.74 (+0.4%)
- Mortgage rates dipped slightly: 30-year fixed: 6.35% 15-year fixed: 5.75%
- 10-year and 30-year treasury bond yields remained steady.
Stay tuned for the upcoming release of April's home sale data by the California Association of Realtors and the National Association of Realtors.